What Information about you may be collected?
- You may give us personal information by visiting or interacting with the Site, filling in forms on the Site, interacting with our Services, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. The personal information you give us may include your name, company name, mailing address, email address, phone number, country, resume information, feedback, and any other information you choose to provide to us.
- We sometimes collect anonymous information from visits to the Site. Anonymous information refers to information that does not and will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, e.g., aggregated data relating to all of our website visitors. We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide you with a better experience using our Sites.
- The Site may include links to third party websites, plug-ins, and applications. These third parties may ask you for your consent to the collection of your sensitive personal information, such as when you submit an online job application. We do not control these third parties and are not responsible for their privacy policies. However, if your sensitive personal information is transferred to us from a third party, we may rely on your consent to the collection of personal information given to the third party for our processing.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to continuously improve our products and services. Google Analytics is used as described in Google’s guide below; How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services – Privacy & Terms – Google. Google analytics helps us understand how our products, websites, and Services are used, which features are used the most, and where problems arise in the usability or functionality. This helps us identify opportunities for improving our software and services. You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data on websites by installing the opt-out browser add-on provided by Google Analytics. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on Download Page
Why do we collect your information?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data to:
- Provide you with the products, services, and information that you may have requested.
- Manage and maintain our relationship with you, including responding to an inquiry, question, or comment made by you and providing you with other customer/buyer support.
- Develop and improve our Sites, our products, services, and marketing activities.
- Inform you of our new products, services, and events that we think you will find valuable by sending promotional messages via email, SMS, phone, post, and/or other similar communications means. (If you would prefer not to receive these communications, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions on the promotional communications that you receive.)
- Prevent and detect unlawful behaviour, and protect or enforce our legal rights, for example defending us in case of legal disputes.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Who do we share your information with?
We may share information as discussed below, but we will not sell it to advertisers or third parties:
- Third parties to meet applicable legal requirements: We may need to disclose your personal information to a third party if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or the decision of the judicial authority, a public/regulatory authority, or a government body, or if the disclosure is necessary for national security, law enforcement or other public interest.
- Business partners: We will disclose your personal information to our business partners if it is necessary for providing products and services to you, such as for certain software and related services.
- Third parties in connection with a business sale: If we make a sale or transfer of assets or are otherwise involved in a merger or business/asset transfer, we may transfer your personal information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other applications and third-party links: The Site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. The Site may also link service providers (including e-payment gateways) allowing e-payments to be processed for your products, or integrate service providing platforms allowing online inventory/warehousing/courier access. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit. Please remember that their use of your personal information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
How long do we keep your information?
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
How do we protect your information?
- We only process personal data where we have a legal basis for doing so. We review the personal data we hold on to a regular basis to ensure it is being lawfully processed.
- Before transferring personal data to any third party (e.g., suppliers, partners, and back-office support), we establish that there is a legal reason for making the transfer, which may include your consent.
- PakistanCreates/Five Rivers implements appropriate security measures designed to prevent unlawful or unauthorized processing of personal information and accidental loss of or damage to personal information. The data collected via our Site is stored in a secure server with our ISP who will take periodic backups of such data.
If we have given your personal data to any third parties, we will tell those third parties that PakistanCreates/Five Rivers has received a request to erase your personal data, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. Those third parties should also rectify the personal data they hold; however, PakistanCreates/Five Rivers will not be in a position to audit those third parties to ensure that the rectification has occurred, and the use of your data is restricted. We only process your personal data where we have the legal basis for doing so. You have the right to ask us to suspend or otherwise restrict the processing of your personal data where:
- You challenge the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it;
- We no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you want us to hold it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- You have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have legitimate grounds to use it.
Withdrawing your consent. Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data (for example consent to receive marketing) you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain Services to you.
Quality Control Policy
PakistanCreates is a legitimate online marketplace of quality products. To ensure quality and standard, PakistanCreates verifies the product quality of each seller. Any virtual store with inferior quality products will be deactivated immediately. For seamless customer/buyer experience, PakistanCreates requests product samples from sellers at the time of their onboarding. The samples will not be paid for or returned.
Please note the following:
- Sellers with expensive products can send over products with the lowest price. If not, a team from PakistanCreates can visit their registered address/office/place to check product quality. This option is only available in Lahore.
- In case a seller’s registered address/office/place is located outside of Lahore, sellers would be required to send over samples, which after undergoing quality checks, will be returned.
- If the minimum product price is above Rs. 10,000/-, items will be returned.
Your rights & choices
Accessing Account Information. We will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review this information by sending us an email to [email protected].
A Record of Data Transfer. PakistanCreates/Five Rivers will provide you with the right to request and receive, once a year and free of charge, information about third parties to whom we have disclosed certain types of personal information (if any) about you for our direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] and please include the phrase“Personal Information Privacy Request” in the subject line, the domain name of the website you are inquiring about, your name, address, and email address. In our sole discretion, we may respond to such requests by providing instructions about how our users can exercise their options to prevent our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
PakistanCreates/Five Rivers has collected, will collect, and has disclosed the personal information described in the categories below during the last year for business purposes. However, it does not sell your personal information:
- Identifiers A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, job title, phone number, country, social media information, browser language, or other similar identifiers.
- Commercial information. Records of personal property, Services or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behaviour, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Where we store and transfer your data?
PakistanCreates is controlled by Five Rivers from its offices in Lahore, Pakistan. Five Rivers may store and use information in Pakistan as well as in other countries. Any personal data provided to Five Rivers will be transmitted to or within those countries. Five Rivers also may transfer information and personal data to other jurisdictions to facilitate Five Rivers’ third-party processors’ access to and/or processing of information and/or personal data.
Five Rivers makes no representation that materials on PakistanCreates are appropriate or available for use in other countries, and access to them from countries where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access PakistanCreates while in other countries do so on their own initiative, at their own risk and cost, and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Buying and Selling:
As part of the buying and selling process, PakistanCreates facilitates information sharing between the customer/buyer and seller involved in the transaction such as the name, billing details, address, phone number and email address. This can also involve us sharing your information with the payment service providers and delivery partners of the seller. Such partners will process your information according to their own privacy policies. PakistanCreates is not responsible for the protection of personal information under their control. By making a sale or purchase on PakistanCreates, you allow us to share your information in this way. We expect you to respect the privacy of the customer/buyer whose information you have received.